Will Drafting Pitfalls 
Expires after 90 days
John Thurston LLB Solicitor TEP
CPD Hours: 1
The following aspects will be considered:
- Effect of residence nil rate band on drafting wills;
- Recent cases on capacity and undue influence;
- The need to warn of possible claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975;
- The effect of leaving a note as to why no provision has been made for a possible applicant;
- Specific gifts and ademption;
- Gifts of personal chattels;
- Precatory trusts;
- Incorporation of documents in wills;
- Free of tax or subject to tax;
- Grossing up;
- Mixed gifts of residue to exempt and non-exempt beneficiaries;
- Survivorship clauses.
- Other considerations - ongoing monitoring
This webinar is sponsored by:
Prefer a DVD version?
Please contact our customer services team on 01332 226601 who will be happy to assist. Please note all DVD’s incur an additional admin charge of £5+VAT per user licence.
Accessing supplementary notes and obtaining a certificate will still involve online access.