Top 10 2020 Cases 
Available from 31st August 2020
Expires after 90 days
CPD Hours: 1
This session focuses on a selection of new cases of practical relevance to the civil litigator. It begins by reviewing the changes made by the CPR Updates 114-119 to manage Covid 19, timetabling, virtual hearings and bundles.
The new cases have one practical punch line. They include:
specific disclosure: and using the disclosure PD
Some of the cases cover evidence: witness statement drafting mistakes and quick wins in the trial.
“off-piste” experts: what to look out for
There will be an update on privilege- managing the remote settlement discussions without losing litigation privilege.
Costs: precedent H problems and the new precedent R form.
Issue based costs order- splitting the atom?
Security for costs- will the insurance product be enough?
Briggs- preparing for fixed costs- when is coming in? Do we need the office?
The new guidance on obtaining (and setting aside) judgment in default
ADR and mediation errors (made worse by remote mediations)Learning objectives:
- to identify new cases in Civil Procedure
- to update knowledge of disclosure processes and how to use them
- to review how to make interim applications
- to revise processes in anticipation of fixed costs
- to manage the current Covid 19 crisis in litigation
- to actively pursue ADR, mediation and settlement
- to update the changes to the fixed costs regimes
Prefer a DVD version?
Please contact our customer services team on 01332 226601 who will be happy to assist. Please note all DVD’s incur an additional admin charge of £5+VAT per user licence.
The product code for this DVD is LDV200802
Accessing supplementary notes and obtaining a certificate will still involve online access.