The Law, Practice and Procedure of the Adult Magistrates' Court 
Expires after 90 days
Colin Beaumont, legal trainer
CPD Hours: 1
The following 10 important points will be covered during the presentation:
- Written charges and requisitions and time periods for commencing proceedings in summary-only offences – helpful case-law from the High Court
- A ‘not guilty’ plea having been entered – case management – getting to grips with your duties as a participant under the Criminal Procedure Rules 2015
- The law in relation to matters that are ‘sent’ – indictable only – either-way and summary
- The law in relation to ‘committals for sentence’ – either-way offences and summary offences
- Charging in the face of the Court or amending indictable to either-way or either-way to summary or from one summary offence to a different summary offence – an examination of the law in this area
- Breach of bail conditions – who bears the burden? – To what extent must that burden be discharged? – Within what time period must the person appear in Court?
- Adults and children and young people appearing jointly with adults in the Adult Magistrates Court – either-way offences – summary offences – indictable only offences
- At what point does surrender to bail take place in your local Magistrates’ Court?
- Explaining the sentence – early release under the Home Detention Curfew Scheme – period to be served and period on licence – the Offender Rehabilitation Act 2014
- Allocation and Sending generally following the publication of the Allocation and Sending Guidelines
Prefer a DVD version?
Please contact our customer services team on 01332 226601 who will be happy to assist. Please note all DVD’s incur an additional admin charge of £5+VAT per user licence.
The product code for this DVD is LDV200506.
Accessing supplementary notes and obtaining a certificate will still involve online access.