Rules and Regulations post Covid 
Expires after 90 days
Trevor Hellawell MA (Cantab)
CPD Hours: 1
This course is essential for anyone working within the regulated SRA environment who wishes to understand the new regulatory regime in front of us. Introduced in late 2019, alongside numerous Resources to aid understanding, the rules were subsumed under other considerations around Covid and public health. Normal working procedures were up-ended as we struggled to cope with the new position. But the rules are till there and as lockdown restrictions start to ease we need again to contemplate the renewed environment in which we work. The course will cover
- SRA consultations and the ethos behind them, especially transparency
- Flexibility and public protection
- The new Rules themselves (in outline)
- Particular issues surrounding new patterns of working – who regulates what, exactly?
- Do we need SRA regulation at all?
- Do we need regulation at all?
- Key points to watch – undertakings and legal professional privilege
- SRA logo – ‘ATOL protection’
- SRA attitude to policing – before and after Covid
Key points to take away
- New legal working environments
- New methods of interacting with clients
- Relaxing of precision in the Rules to enable innovation
- The risks associated with innovation
- Future possibilities