SRA Accounts Rules - Risks, Rethinks & Rewards 
Expires after 90 days
Trevor Hellawell MA (Cantab)
CPD Hours: 1
The Accounts Rules – such as they are – are with us and in full force. What difference has it made to you and your working life? Maybe not much.
That said, there are many relaxations of which we can take advantage, and there are some alterations that will need to be addressed if we are to remain compliant and yet operate our businesses with as much ease as possible.
The SRA Resources have been published and offer some thoughts on the measures the regulators would be looking for in the systems and procedures firms should have in place. But some key questions still need answering.
This session will cover:
- An outline of the new Rules
- Can we bill before we do the work?
- Dealing with small balances on Client Account ledgers
- Can we avoid paying any interest to clients?
- Duties of the COFA – what future for the reporting Accountants?
- Third party managed accounts – a viable option?
- Reconciliations – what, who and how?
- Other frauds and scams to avoid
Prefer a DVD version?
Please contact our customer services team on 01332 226601 who will be happy to assist. Please note all DVD’s incur an additional admin charge of £5+VAT per user licence.
Accessing supplementary notes and obtaining a certificate will still involve online access.