Preparing and Running International and Domestic Relocation Cases 
Expires after 90 days
Elissa Da Costa-Waldman MCIArb
CPD Hours: 1
Please note: this lecture was originally a part of the LAW2021 Online: Family Law (Spring) virtual event. The recorded edition of the event is still available, providing a 6-hour package for only £149+vat. Click here for the full description.
Webinar topic details:
Applications by one parent to leave an area to relocate either to another area within the jurisdiction or outside are incredibly difficult emotionally for the clients involved. This course looks at how to make and respond to such applications in a manner which could lead to compromise, based on good and through preparation, as well as consideration of the relevant law informing decision making.
- What are the issues in relocation cases?
- Internal cases
- External cases
- General legal principles in such cases
- Preparation for a relocation application
- Making the application
- What type of case is it?
- Drafting the applicant parent’s statement and what to cover and exhibit
- Acting for the respondent parent
- The court process in relocation cases