Expires after 90 days
CPD Hours: 1
From our LAW2021 Online Residential Property Autumn package this 1 hour webinar presented by Peta Dollar, LL.B (Hons), Non-Practicing Solicitor, Freelance lecturer, trainer and writer will be about the many pitfalls for those acting for sellers when attempting to draft and approve overage provisions.
This session will cover the main pitfalls, including:
- Trigger events – issues with planning permission, commencement of development, completion of development, sale, etc.
- How to calculate the overage payment – problems with the formula, valuation issues
- Securing the overage payments – which is the best method to use?
- Tips and traps – especially where overage is tied to sale of the last unit to be sold
- Lessons from the cases, including Fishbourne v Stephens, Loxleigh v Dartford BC, Yoo Design Services