Notice Provisions - The Key Issues 
Expires after 90 days
Keith Markham, legal trainer
CPD Hours: 1
This webinar is presented by y Keith Markham, legal trainer. Notice provisions are often inserted into contracts on a ‘cut and paste’ basis without a great deal of thought. However, failure to comply with their contents can often lead to a claim being struck out by the courts. This webinar summarises a series of important decisions of the courts and sets out some practical guidance as to the key issues that should be included.
Topics will include:
- Format of the notice – in what circumstances can notices be served by e-mail
- Content of the notice – how detailed does a notice have to be in order to be effective?
- Knowledge requirements – what is meant by the phrase ‘becoming aware of the matter’?
- Timing provisions – different ways of structuring these requirements
- Manner of service – will merely being left at a location constitute valid service?