Maximising the role of your expert 
Available from 31st August 2020
Expires after 90 days
CPD Hours: 1
The role of the preliminary conference will be considered and what should be done at that stage.
Privilege and Part 35 is explored to check whether the expert can be approached before using part 35 and before “crossing the Rubicon”.
The new cases on adducing facts or facts and opinion or just opinion in the report.
We will explore toe-curling judicial criticism and your role in this. It is important to identify the warning markers
We will consider costs orders against experts and issue-based costs orders.
Should both parties use the questions to experts or is that just for the single joint expert?
Are you stuck with a single joint expert?
Finally, we will work through new cases on experts to see why they are making the headlines and consider how fixed costs will change the role of the expert.Learning objectives:
- to identify new cases on Part 35 and using an expert
- to update knowledge of when to use them and how to maximise their role
- to review how to avoid an expert being criticised or undermined by the court
- to revise the rules on privilege and experts
- to manage the questioning process and further addendums
- to update the changes to the fixed costs regimes
Prefer a DVD version?
Please contact our customer services team on 01332 226601 who will be happy to assist. Please note all DVD’s incur an additional admin charge of £5+VAT per user licence.
The product code for this DVD is LDV200806.
Accessing supplementary notes and obtaining a certificate will still involve online access.