Legislation and Case Law Update 
Expires after 90 days
Colin Beaumont, legal trainer
CPD Hours: 1
This 1-hour webinar will very usefully consider the following points:
- Assaults on emergency workers and case-law arising from this new piece of legislation – R v McGarrick 
- The 2 new offences of ‘up-skirting’ created by the Voyeurism (Offences) Act 2019
- The Stalking Protection Act 2019
- The new Offensive Weapons Act 2019
- The issue of a written charge and time limits in relation to summary offences – the case of James William Brown and the DPP 
- Newton hearing and the very interesting case of DPP and Giles 
- The extent to which that which is written on the PET form in the Magistrates’ Court may become admissible as evidence in the proceedings – the extremely important case of Valiati and the DPP and KM and the DPP 
- The request of a mobile phone from complainants in sexual investigation cases – R v McPartland and Grant 
- Where are we on ‘joint enterprise’ after the Supreme Court decision of Jogee
- Where are we on the issue of ‘dishonesty’ after the Supreme Court decision of Ivy
Prefer a DVD version?
Please contact our customer services team on 01332 226601 who will be happy to assist. Please note all DVD’s incur an additional admin charge of £5+VAT per user licence.
The product code for this DVD is LDV200505.
Accessing supplementary notes and obtaining a certificate will still involve online access.