Forfeiture of Commercial Leases – too unpredictable, or too good to be true? 
Expires after 90 days
CPD Hours: 1
Watch the 2020 trailer.
Topics covered include:
- The pros and cons - what is the landlord trying to achieve?
- Methods of forfeiture, and when each is appropriate
- Avoidance of waiver – the practicalities
- Relief from forfeiture - simplifying the complexities
- Post-forfeiture issues and re-letting
- To appreciate the factors clients must consider in deciding whether or not to forfeit.
- To know what steps to take to preserve the right to forfeit by avoiding waiver.
- To understand the preliminary formalities required prior to forfeiture.
- To identify the merits and de-merits of the different methods of forfeiture, particularly peaceable reentry.
- To anticipate the issues which may arise in relation to relief from forfeiture, and maximise the chances of successful re-letting.
Prefer a DVD version?
Please contact our customer services team on 01332 226601 who will be happy to assist. Please note all DVD’s incur an additional admin charge of £5+VAT per user licence.
Accessing supplementary notes and obtaining a certificate will still involve online access.