Elderly Clients and Care Home Fees (2021)
Expires after 90 days
CPD Hours: 1
As we are all aware, the Government is considering how care for people in their own homes and care home fees should be funded. This course will consider any new proposals made by the government, but whatever is proposed. clients will seek advice about transferring assets to children to avoid care home fees.
Can it be done? If so what can be transferred, and when and how?
The course will consider:
- What are the chances of finishing up in a care home?
- When does the Health authority have to pay?
- What capital assets will not be taken into account?
- Deprivation of capital
- What a local authority can do if there has been deprivation of capital
- What advice should be given to clients concerned about care home fees
- Effectiveness of asset protection trusts