Dealing with Small Family Trusts 
Expires after 90 days
CPD Hours: 1
This session examines:
- Whether the trust has to be registered, taking into account the different requirements of the 4th and 5th Anti-Money Laundering Directive.
- Should a nil rate band discretionary trust be brought to an end on first death or kept going?
- Should it be converted into a life interest trust?
- Is the residence nil rate band available?
- How can the costs of running such trusts be reduced?
- Conferring rights to income
- Mandating income
- What if a trustee loses capacity? Can they be removed?
- Tax implications of terminating a discretionary trust
After completing the session delegates will be able to:
- advise on the options available for dealing with such trusts and their respective advantages and disadvantages, and
- take appropriate steps to implement the chosen option.
This webinar is sponsored by:
Prefer a DVD version?
Please contact our customer services team on 01332 226601 who will be happy to assist. Please note all DVD’s incur an additional admin charge of £5+VAT per user licence.
Accessing supplementary notes and obtaining a certificate will still involve online access.