Dealing with Economic Abuse in Financial Remedy Cases 
Expires after 90 days
Elissa Da Costa-Waldman MCIArb
CPD Hours: 1
Please note: this lecture was originally a part of the LAW2021 Online: Family Law (Spring) virtual event. The recorded edition of the event is still available, providing a 6-hour package for only £149+vat. Click here for the full description.
This course will consider the impact of financial abuse on financial remedy cases and how to manage it with a focus on how to protect the person being abused as well as consideration of the preservation of assets and how to ensure a fair outcome within proceedings and steps to take to ensure the abused person is able to fund the application.
- What is economic abuse?
- Consideration of Family Law Act 1996 applications prior to applying for financial remedies.
- Achieving and enforcing proper disclosure
- Section 37 MCA 1973 applications to preserve assets
- The likelihood of a successful application for Legal Services Payment Order
- Reducing opportunities for further financial abuse by careful drafting of orders