Contracting out of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 
Expires after 90 days
CPD Hours: 1
Topics covered include:
- Dealing with the unrepresented tenant
- The right form of declaration
- Authority to swear declarations on behalf of the tenant
- Pre-completion amendments to the form of lease
- More complex transaction structures
- Offer-back clauses
- Issues with surrender agreements
- To understand the considerations affecting the timing of serving the contracting-out notice.
- To identify the practical points which must be attended to in order to contract out of the 1954 Act effectively.
- To recognise the aspects of common transactions which present technical issues, and understand the ways round them.
- To be able to structure documentation to provide for an effective offer-back mechanism.
Prefer a DVD version?
Please contact our customer services team on 01332 226601 who will be happy to assist. Please note all DVD’s incur an additional admin charge of £5+VAT per user licence.
Accessing supplementary notes and obtaining a certificate will still involve online access.