Building Safety Act 2022: Leaseholder Protection & Lenders Requirements 
Expires after 90 days
CPD Hours: 1
This session will focus on the practical implications for practitioners and leasehold transactions arising from the Building Safety Act 2022, the updated Government guidance on the Act & UKFML Handbook Part 1 & Part 2 requirements.
Topics to be covered will include:
- The meaning of three key terms in the BSA 2022 namely:
- Qualifying leases and leaseholders
- Relevant building
- Relevant defects
- Leaseholder and Landlords Deeds of Certificate
- UKFML Handbook Para 5.14.17: Building safety requirements.
- Fire Safety (England) Regulations 2022 : Duties of the “Responsible Person”
- Practical issues