LAW2022 Online: Family Law (Spring)
Available from 9th March 2022
Expires after 60 days
Safda Mahmood and Elissa Da Costa- Waldman
CPD Hours: 6
Enjoy for £24!
In partnership with our lead sponsor LEAP, the practice management software provider, we are able to offer you a discounted event booking fee of only £24! That’s a saving of £75+vat off the early bird rate £99 + vat (£149 + vat standard rate).
Simply book this event and then confirm that you would like to participate in a demonstration of LEAP to discover the benefits of their software. Having completed your demonstration, you will then be reimbursed for £75+vat.
Demonstration bookings can be made via our LEAP offer request form which can be found here. Simply complete the form and we will be in touch. To be eligible for this offer, you will need to be an IT decision maker or partner in a legal practice and not already a LEAP customer.
So, what is LEAP?
LEAP is a cloud-based practice management system developed for small to medium sized law firms. The software powerful features allow you to manage your practice and your matters more efficiently and profitably from anywhere, anytime and on any device with ‘real-time’ matter and client information available when out of the office. For more information about LEAP, click here.
This event includes:
- A high quality 4 x 1 hour pre-recorded video and audio broadcast (topic titles are listed below)
- Q&A – watch the 1 hour recording of the “Shape The Debate” Q&A session with the speakers. This is your opportunity to hear our experts answering attendee questions on both the pre-recorded content and general day to day Family Law issues
- LAW2022 Online: Family Law Exhibition – claim an additional hour of CPD, via a choice of webinar from our Webinar Learning Library worth £35+VAT
Topics covered include:
Running a Schedule 1 Children Act Case
Presented by Elissa Da Costa-Waldman
An overview of the steps required to make an application for financial provision for children including-
- Who may apply;
- Against whom;
- Range of Orders
- How to make an application
- Whether a CMS assessment is necessary at any stage
- Interface with CMS re: periodical payments
- Lump Sums
- Special cases -CMS Top-Up. School Fees, Disability
- Interim Orders
- Case Law
Running a TOLATA Case
Presented by Elissa Da Costa- Waldman
An overview of the steps required to make a TOLATA Claim-
- TOLATA - The Law and what you can claim
- Joint Ownership Cases
- Sole Ownership Cases
- Express/Implied/Constructive Trusts
- What Evidence to collect
- Letters before Claim and consideration of ADR
- Commencing the Claim – Part 7 or Part 8
- What questions to ask
- What documents to seek
- Conducting the case through to trial
Special Guardianship Order Developments and Child Arrangements Orders: Which one is more appropriate in the circumstances?
Presented by Safda Mahmood
This session will aim to provide an update on recent developments and the following topics will be discussed:
- Developments of Special Guardianship Orders
- Parental Responsibility and Assessment Process
- Is there a need for the proceedings to be extended or do you conclude on care orders?
- Special guardianship order versus child arrangements orders and adoption - what are the differences?
- Consideration of the Best Practice Guidance
- Party Status and Representation of Special Guardians
- Care Orders and Special Guardianship orders - co -existing
Children Proceedings: Enforcement of Child Arrangements and Domestic Abuse : Key Issues and Developments
Presented by Safda Mahmood
- Options available to deal with enforcement of child arrangements
- What are the options available and how do they all fit together?
- Fact finding hearings and use of PD12J
- When will the court list for a fact finding?
- Consideration of PD12J and Interim orders
- Use of Participation directions and Vulnerable Persons
- Domestic Abuse Act 2021 and Fact Findings
- Cross examination and Domestic Abuse Protection Notices (DAPN) and Domestic Abuse Protection Orders (DAPO)
- Use of Scott Schedule in fact finding hearings
Book this event now
Secure 30 days of access to the above topics, Shape the Debate, and the exhibition
Previous event partners include:
We have trialled the format at previous online conferences, and we are overwhelmed with the feedback we have received from making our face-to-face events possible online. Comments we have received so far include:
"The whole experience was valuable, and communication has been really first class" - General Advisor
"I wanted to say how much I valued receiving and sharing the Online webinar. I felt it was very helpful and very interesting for you to allow all legal practitioners to participate. Thank you for all the extra information and resources, I look forward to the next." - Solicitor in practice
"The world of law is in constant flux and the speakers update on recent developments will be extremely helpful going forward (as they ever are!)" - Solicitor/Director
"I have never attended a similar event but I definitely would again" - Partner
"A good way to access training at a time to suit you, the online course is as effective as attending in person." - Associate Solicitor