The Commercial DW drainage and water enquiry becomes the CON29DW Commercial Drainage & Water search.
An essential part of the conveyancing process, the CON29DW Commercial Drainage & Water Search provides deal-breaking information regarding water and sewerage services for prospective property owners, protecting buyers and their advisers from unnecessary risk.
Why does the CON29DW Commercial exist? There are potential risks for commercial purchasers and their advisers, and they need qualified drainage and water information to help make an informed purchasing/leasing decision. In addition it mitigates the risk without the need for insurance with indemnity levels provided in Northumbrian Water’s product
11 years of being clearly essential -Since 2010, the CommercialDW has been developed and updated to reflect an ever-changing water industry and legislative framework.
These improvements aim to ensure users can view the outcomes of the search even more quickly and should result in a quality user experience thanks to increased clarity, efficiency and usability for clients. Here’s a look at what the last decade has looked like with the CON29DW Commercial.
- 2010 - Standard form of the Commercial Drainage and Water Enquiry launched
- 2011 - Updates to the CommercialDW advising how property owners’ liabilities changed as a result of Private Sewer Transfer Regulations
- 2016 – Further changes to the Commercial DW following private pumping station adoption updates
- 2017 – Following Market Reform, all non-household customers in England able to choose their supplier of water and sewerage retail services, impacting the questions within the CommercialDW with regards to who bills a property
- 2021 - Updates to the questions and wording contained within the enquiry aimed at ensuring a standardised national product across water and sewerage companies of England and renamed CON29DW Commercial Drainage and Water Search
Our team are experts in this field with years of experience working in the heart of the drainage and water business. All reports are checked and reviewed thoroughly to ensure no stone is unturned. In the extremely unlikely event that something is not right- we take the responsibility for all of the info provided so you can have the peace of mind knowing you can rely on us.
DWSN audits and validates standards of its members on a regular basis to ensure compliance with quality and service
The Drainage and Water Searches Network (DWSN) is an industry body for those who are responsible for producing full and complete responses to the CON29DW or Con29DW Commercial Drainage & Water searches. It promotes good practice in this specialist area and provides a forum for stakeholders to engage with the sector.
In a profession that demands comprehensive answers, the CON29DW Commercial in summary:
- Dots the ‘i’s and crosses the ‘t’s
- Regularly updated to reflect legislative, industry and asset changes
- Provides a standardised national product across water and sewerage companies of England
- Questions developed in consultation with the Law Society
- Mitigates the risk without the need for insurance with indemnity levels provided for each product
- Is specifically for those purchasing or leasing land or commercial property and covers land or buildings used or proposed to be used for commercial activities
- Provides the information needed regarding water and sewerage connections on a commercial property or land purchase
Northumbrian Water Property Solutions is the North East’s provider of the Con29DW Commercial Drainage and Water Search
For more information www.nwpropertysolutions.co.uk