Education sessions for LAW2020 Online: Introduction to Wills include:-
In this session John will run through the latest developments in the fast-moving and complex area of wills drafting:-
- Taking instructions.
- Uses/advantages/disadvantages of different gifts.
- Typical structure of a will.
- Joint tenants or tenants in common.
- Gifts to children or grandchildren.
- Capacity/undue influence.
- Transfer into the name of one party.
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- The effect of relationship breakdown on wills.
- Drafting points.
- Powers of trustees/personal representatives.
- Tax consequences and uses of different gifts.
John Thurston, LL.B., TEP, solicitor. He is particularly interested in the law relating to wills, trusts, taxation, powers of attorney and elderly clients. He is the author of various books and contributes to loose leaf works. He has practised, and is now a trainer.
Reserve your place
Be included in Intro to Wills this October, upon booking you will receive instructions on what happens next. Even though our events aren't face-to-face we will be in regular contact about how to get the most out of your event.