LAW2020 Online: Wills & Probate
Expires after 30 days
Professor Lesley King and Jacqui Lazare
CPD Hours: 6
Each 6 hour CPD educational programme is available for 30 days, including content-led sessions with the most recent and actionable insights, delivered by experts, alongside a leading online exhibition.
Wills & Probate Update presented by Professor Lesley King
In these difficult times, it’s not easy keeping up to date. This webinar will look at key recent developments including:
- The changes to probate applications.
- The timeline for changes to the Trusts Register and the implications for private client practitioners.
- Lessons to be learned from recent mistake cases.
- Recent decisions on I(PFD)A claims
- To be aware of recent developments affecting private client practitioners;
- To be able to adapt your office practice and procedures where necessary.
Will Making in Lockdown presented by Professor Lesley King
Private client practitioners are having to cope with an increase in people wanting to make wills at a time when face to face contact is impossible. This webinar will consider:
- Recent advice and guidance from the SRA, Law Society and STEP.
- Difficulties in taking instructions.
- Should you amend your retainer?
- What to do if concerned about capacity or undue influence.
- Ways of getting wills executed when clients are self-isolating.
There is no magic wand but this webinar will help you assess the risks involved in acting (and not acting).
Aims & Objectives:
- Be aware of the options for taking instructions and getting wills executed with as little risk as possible;
- Be able to adapt your office practice and procedures appropriately.
Dealing with Estates and Wills Trusts presented by Jacqui Lazare
This session is aimed at qualified wills & probate and private client practitioners and will look at the following areas.
- Post-death arrangements and analysing when desirable
- Tax issues faced by PRs for estates, including where there are will trusts
- How to deal with settled property as part of a client’s overall estate planning
Aims & Objectives:
- Able to use post-death variations and disclaimers to improve the IHT and CGT position on death, including loss on sale relief
- Aware of ways in which settled property can be dealt with as part of a client’s estate planning
Later Life Planning presented by Jacqui Lazare
This session is aimed at qualified wills & probate and private client practitioners and will look at the following areas which arise when advising elderly clients, where capacity is intact:
- Death-bed planning
- Funding IHT
- Review of options available – e.g. importance of retaining access to capital and/or income and available lifetime exemptions
- Best practice
Aims & Objectives:
- Able to advise elderly clients and their families on appropriate planning options
Shape The Debate: Live Q&A with Jacqui Lazare and Professor Lesley King
8th June 2020 - 13:00 - 14:00
Have all your questions answered! You are invited to join your peers at this one-hour live session which will cover all pre-submitted and on the day questions from yourself and other attendees.
LAW2020 Online: Wills & Probate Exhibition
12th May 2020 - 11th June 2020
Showcasing the latest products and services, you will have the chance to experience product demonstrations, engage with suppliers and take advantage of exclusive special offers.
Visit the online exhibition and receive a FREE x1 hour CPD webinar of your choice from our 2020 Distance Learning Catalogue - worth £35 +VAT.
LAW2020 Online - More Information
Our online exhibition features leading suppliers to the profession. Showcasing the latest products and services, you will have the chance to experience product demonstrations, engage with suppliers and take advantage of exclusive special offers. Visit the online exhibition and receive a FREE x1 hour CPD webinar from our 2020 Distance Learning Catalogue - worth £35 +VAT.Visit Exhibition
Shape the Debate - Live Q&A
Participate in a 1 hour live Q & A session and have the chance to "Shape the Debate." This is your opportunity to put questions to our experts in real time and interact as the information is being delivered. We understand that finding a convenient date for all is not possible, so our live sessions will be recorded so that you will have the ability to review and replay on demand. Access anytime from anywhere!Reserve Your Place
4 Hours Recorded Content - the most recent updates
High quality 4 x 1 hour pre-recorded videos and audio broadcast – no technical knowledge required with our user friendly production, all delivered by high calibre speakers and thought leaders. All recordings come with exclusive learning materials available to download and keep. All pre-recorded sessions are recorded within a few weeks of the event launch date to ensure only the most recent and relevant updates are provided.Book Now
2020 Distance Learning SRA Mandatory Webinars
The SRA’s updated compulsory requirements for all solicitors and law firms make these 1-hour pre-recorded lectures a must-watch.
Eliminate your risk by ensuring your team is trained in these key areas.
Get instant access to all 3 sessions for only £90 + VAT by using the discount code DL30 at the checkout.