LAW2021 Online: Civil Litigation
Available from 11th May 2021
Expires after 30 days
CPD Hours: 6
This event is live from 11th May - 10th June 2021 and includes:
- High quality 4 x 1 hour pre-recorded videos and audio broadcast (topic titles are listed below)
- Q&A – join our live “Shape The Debate” Q&A with our leading experts. This is your opportunity to hear our experts answering attendee questions on both the pre-recorded content and general day to day Civil Litigation issues
- LAW2021 Online: Civil Litigation – chance to gain additional hours of CPD, including a choice of webinar from our Webinar Learning Library worth £35 +VAT.
Previous Civil Litigation education sessions include:-
1. Part 36 and Costs
- New cases and conduct
- Drafting errors
- Variation and withdrawal traps
- Exercise of discretion in the Claimant’s bonus
- Indemnity costs for the Defendant
- Late acceptance
- Calderbanks; independent costs orders; common costs; precedent H
- Managing changes form Covid-19 to the Budget.
2. Interim Applications
- Security for costs
- Setting aside judgement in default (new rules)
- Summary judgement; striker
- Relief from sanctions
- Agreeing extra time for Covid-19.
3. Top 10: 2020 Cases and Procedures
- Settlement and mediation on Zoom
- Covid-19 changes to the CPR
- Remote hearings
- 114-119 Updates
- Preparing for Briggs and fixed costs – do we need the office?
4. Damages and Other Remedies
- Breach of contract measures
- Negligence damages
- Remedies of declaration
- Specific performance
- Termination of contracts for Covid-19.
Previous Event partners include:
We have trialled the format at previous online conferences, and we are overwhelmed with the feedback we have received from making our face-to-face events possible online. Comments we have received so far include:
"The whole experience was valuable, and communication has been really first class" - General Advisor
"I wanted to say how much I valued receiving and sharing the Online webinar. I felt it was very helpful and very interesting for you to allow all legal practitioners to participate. Thank you for all the extra information and resources, I look forward to the next." - Solicitor in practice
"The world of law is in constant flux and the speakers update on recent developments will be extremely helpful going forward (as they ever are!)" - Solicitor/Director
"I have never attended a similar event but I definitely would again" - Partner
"A good way to access training at a time to suit you, the online course is as effective as attending in person." - Associate Solicitor
Visit the online exhibition
Our event sponsor line up includes leading suppliers to the profession who provide thought leadership, products and services to aid your day-to-day role.
The LAW2021 Online: Civil Litigation online exhibition is free to attend for anyone, but as part of your online event package you can top up your CPD with a free 1-hour CPD webinar from our 2020 Distance Learning Catalogue worth £35 +VAT.
The Online Exhibition will allow you to engage with suppliers by understanding how they can help you as a Civil Litigator.